-By Henry Cooper
Malasana also known as Upavesasana or Garland Pose is a very simple but highly beneficial yogasana.
Here are some health benefits of Malasana-
- This yogasana gives the groin, the hips, the sacrum, and the lower back a great stretch.
- It has a great effect on your metabolism; this improves the same.
- It makes your digestive system healthy.
- Malasana brings your belly in shapes.
- This improves your body posture.
- You notice a great flexibility in your knees and ankles.
However, this yogasana is not good for those who have lower back injuries or injuries in their knees.
If you do not have any injuries in your lower back or knees, you must do this exercise.
How can you do this exercise?
Here are the steps:-
- Start this by squatting. Keep your feet very close to each other, and heels should be on the floor.
- Now, spread out your thighs wider.
- Now, leaving the breathe, lean forward in a way that your torso fits in your thighs.
- Now, join your palms in a way that you join them to anjali and press your elbows against your inner thighs. This will increase the front side of your torso.
- Now, press your inner thighs against the side of your torso. Then stretch out your arms and swing them in a way that your shins fit your armpits.
- Now, hold your ankles, remain in the pose for 10 seconds, and then take a long breath and leave that breath.
However, this would be better to reach a professional yoga trainer who has taken yoga teacher training from a reputable yoga center, as he would be able to give you the right instructions and let you know how you can get maximum advantage from this asana.
Yoga is an ancient Indian art. Perhaps a yoga ashram or hermitage is the best place to get acquainted with this practice. Surprisingly, you will find yoga training centers in different corners of the world. There is presence of august yoga trainers who are aware confident and competent. In fact, these yoga trainers hold relevant certification. Practicing yoga in disciplined manner can bring you optimal health. When mind and body are happy, relaxed and confident then results are certainly noticeable. Most of the rigid exercises do not have any spiritual aspect and hence they do not bring the element of mental serenity.
Learning yoga is not a game. It is an art that requires discipline. The trainer must have profound knowledge, confidence and thorough understanding about the yogic philosophy. Yoga teacher training course is purposely designed to help the trainer and make him/her acquainted with all the nuances. After becoming expert will all forms of yoga, it is possible to start personal yoga training center. Trained and certified yoga experts have bright career prospects. So, if you are intending to become a yoga trainer then it is advised to accomplish relevant yoga teacher training course. This would open new doors of opportunities.